“Today, more girls and women are using technology than ever before. But relatively few are playing a role in creating this technology or are pursuing studies in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).” – Intel
GirlCode Workshops aim at giving a girls aged 10-14 years of age a space to discover, play and learn through technology in a safe, limited number and nurituring environment. A space to explore STEM education.
The workshops are led by practicing teachers who use technology daily and are passionate about opening opportunities for girls to ‘get geeky’ and develop their problem solving skills.
The Hands-on collaborative approach to learning ensures girls who attend develop creative problem solving skills and have a whole lot of fun along the way.
One Workshop day will include the following sorts of activities:
* ROBOTICS – Girls will spend time getting to know how robotics works and how they can code robots to do all sorts of fun things.
* ELECTRONICS – Creating electronic gadgets using the latest modular gadgets is a great way to understand how the work works.
* 3D PRINTING – Using a 3D Printing Pen, girls will play and create some 3D Scuptures and objects. All creations can be taken home.
* E-TEXTILES – Girls will make a take home item that incorporates electronic circuitry, sewing and flashing lights.
* CODING – Understanding the basics of coding is esential for all our future innovators. We will dive in and enjoy some coding.
Read more and register at: www.girlcode.net
Cost – $92.34
January 2016 Dates:
– Monday 4th January
– Wednesday 6th January
– Monday 11th January
– Wednesday 13th January
– Monday 18th January
– Wendesday 20th January
- Holiday Programs
Cost Per Child