National Capital Exhibition
Barrine Drive , off Commonwealth Avenue, Commonwealth Park.Canberra ACT 2600
– Uncover why Canberra was selected to be Australia’s national capital and the other towns which were considered.
– Explore Walter Burley Griffin’s prize winning design for Canberra.
– Learn about the Indigenous people of the Canberra area and their link with the Bogong moth.
– Experience the Canberra Sound and Light Show with its scale model of central Canberra.
– Hear the story of Canberra presented in seven different languages.
– Enjoy one of the best lakeside views of the Captain Cook Memorial Jet and the Parliamentary Triangle.
– Realise our national capital belongs to all Australians!
9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday. Closed public holidays except Australia Day and Canberra Day.
The Canberra Sound and Light Show is available in the following six non-English languages:
Exhibition self guides are also available in the above languages as well as:
A sheltered picnic facility with a children’s playground is available to the left of the entrance of the National Capital Exhibition.
- The Arts
Cost Per Child