There are the kelpie and sheep rockers, wonderful timber shearing shed printed with local wool brand stencils and with climbing ramp and slippery dip, running drum representing the carding machine, balancing challenge representing the Whitten Spinning Frame and rotating spinners representing the Dandy Rover that twists three strands into one. A net tunnel represents a giant ball of wool and the giant timber knitting needles support four swings.
Since the opening of the park the community has added a timber seat around the liquid amber tree and a timber bench. The barbecue and picnic seating has been upgraded.
The playground has become a focal point for the community. It is used by the Nundle CWA Pre-school for “hanging time”, families and friends gather for birthday parties and barbecues.
The best reward for volunteers who worked on the project is seeing people of different generations enjoying the park and perhaps a car pull up and children spilling out exclaiming “Look at this!”.
- Architect designed wool-themed playground
- Quality timber construction
- Shearing shed with climbing ramp and slippery dip
- Local wool brands stenciled onto timber
- Giant knitting needle swings
- Picnic and barbecue facilities
- Public toilets across the road
- Bordered by Nundle Woollen Mill, Nundle Swimming Pool and Cafe’ Nundle
Cost Per Child
- Phone 02 6769 3227