Information on this site is provided by individual operators and organisations.
TODOKIDS takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided or the integrity of the todo Provider (individual/business).
Criminal Records Checks, Working With Children or any other type of verification on todo Providers ARE NOT carried out by TODOKIDS. It is the sole responsibility of todo Users (user of the todokids website) to ensure the safety of their children and ensure that all activities are adequately supervised by a trusted person.
Rights and Responsibilities
This document outlines the rights and responsibilities of todokids, the rights and responsibilities of todo Providers and also addresses the terms and conditions of trade that todokids agrees to provide its services under. All todo Providers are required to accept these terms and conditions before listing their business/organisation on the todokids website and all todo Users acknowledge their acceptance of these terms by interacting with the site and entering information, be it personal or business information.
- ‘todokids ’refers to the business entity Andrew McLaren Family Trust trading as TODOKIDS.
- ‘The website’ refers to todokids.com.au.
- ‘todo Providers’ refers to clients of todokids who have a user name and password that enables them to upload their details on to the website. This could also refer to prospective clients who do not yet have a user name and password.
- ‘todo Mum/Dad/Carer/Kid/User’ refers to the users of the website.
- Rights of todo Providers
- todo Providers have the right to:
- Have information published on todokids in a timely fashion.
- Have information published on todokids without bias or prejudice toward itself or any other todokids Provider.
- Unsubscribe their business/organisation from todokids in full entirety ensuring no correspondence is received from todokids or from parents seeking activities via the website. Unsubscribing requires completion of the login process and deleting the full account.
- Have a profile published about their kids activities even if they do not pay for a subscription. All account holders that allow their paid (or trial) subscription to expire will automatically be scaled back to a ‘FREE’ account. The summary profile will remain live on todokids until such time that the entire account is deleted.
- Responsibilities of todo Providers
todo Providers are responsible for ensuring:
- Security of their username and password and ensuring only authorised persons has access to the website to upload information.
- All information is professionally presented including spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- That all information is true and correct and is not misleading in any way.
- That all information is up to date and updated accordingly.
- All information required for the website is provided i.e. Mandatory Fields.
- If there is uncertainty about the information required for any field it is the responsibility of the todo Provider to contact todokids for guidance and assistance.
- Information entered on the site must be truthful, not violate the rights of others and be legal for us to possess and publish.
- todo Providers who have been issued multi-site usernames and passwords under the multi-site payment structure must only list activities that:
- Are their own activities and not those run, owned or organised by another organisation.
- For councils, are specific to their Local Government Area only.
- todo Providers that have a free listing with todokids acknowledge and accept that they will be sent an email notification once a month that shows every time a todo User requests more information about their published activity. This email is a notification only and does not require any action. Unsubscribing from this email implies deletion of the entire todokids profile and user account.
- Rights of todokids
todokids has the right not to accept/publish a listing, either in part or in whole, from a todo Provider in the following instances (but not limited to):
- Where information contained in the listing is found to be offensive, untrue or misleading.
- Where todo Provider does not fit the selected categories they have nominated themselves for.
- Where a todo Provider has been found to act immorally or not in good faith toward another todo Provider using the website as a tool for negative ratings or other similar activity.
- Where presentation, spelling and grammar is not satisfactory.
- This document (Rights and Responsibilities) can be changed at any time. For notable and significant changes, notification will be sent to all subscribed todo Providers before the terms become actionable. It is however, the responsibility of todo Providers to check the Rights and Responsibilities from time to time. This document is available at all times via our website.
- All information entered on the todokids website, either by todo Users or todo Providers becomes the intellectual property of todokids and may be used in any way including for marketing and promotional pursuits. This includes concepts, ideas and suggestions that are entered in the feedback and ratings facility of the website. todokids reserves the right to reproduce any non-personal information that is entered on the website either in part or in whole.
- Due to the nature of the service that todokids offers, we do not offer or allow refunds, exchanges or returns except those required by law and in occasions subject to our absolute discretion. If you do wish to apply for a refund, you must contact todokids and provide us with your contact details, your user name and password, justification for the refund and a history of your interaction with todokids.com.au.
- todokids has the right not to supply a refund under the following circumstances:
Where a todo Provider has been found to deliberately conduct behaviour/s described in section 4.a.
- Responsibilities of todokids
todokids is committed to ensuring that:
- All entries by todo Providers are reviewed by todokids staff.
- All entries are published within 48 hours of uploading by todo Providers.
- All information including user names and passwords of todo Providers will be kept secure and confidential.
- Information that is entered on the website is to be moderated by todokids administration to ensure there is no offensive language or obvious misuse or exploitation of the website and its objectives of providing accurate and factual information to parents and carers.
todokids is committed to ensuring the security of our system, servers and information stored within. todokids will not however, be held liable for any loss or damage or expense that arises directly or indirectly from a problem that occurs by a virus infecting our system or any other such intruder such as hacker or thief on our premises.
todokids is committed to best business practice and as such respects your privacy. Your personal information is collected by todokids if you choose to share it. This policy defines how todokids protects your personal information. todokids complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the National Privacy Principles or ‘NPPs’. The NPPs are 10 rules that set out how businesses may collect, use, store and disclose personal information. They also give you the right to access the information todokids holds about you and correct it if it’s wrong.
- Collection of Personal Information
(a) Collection of Identifiable Information
Examples of Personal Information we collect from todo Providers include: names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and business information that is normally publicised or not private. This information is obtained in many ways including interviews, correspondence, by telephone, email, via our website www.todokids.com.au and in some cases, from third parties. We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients (where you have consented) and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time; all you need to do is let us know.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
- Subscribing to todokids.com.au
Subscription requires supplying information to todokids regarding your name and contact details as well as the dates of birthday of your child/children. This is specifically for the purpose of sending you the weekly email which is specific to the age of your child. Subscription is completely optional and free. The information contained in the subscription email can also be found directly on the website. Subscribers can unsubscribe any time.
ii Becoming a todo Provider
todo Providers are required to enter information which will be published on the todokids.com.au website as well as information that will be kept secure and private by todo kids.
(b) Collection of Unidentifiable Information
todokids collects information on our site visitors as a collective whole. This may include but is not limited to which sections of the site are most frequently visited, how often and for how long. This data is always used as aggregated, non-personal information. todokids utilises this information to improve and enhance our services by monitoring the areas on the site which are most popular to you. This is done for the purposes of providing you with a more efficient site.
(c) Credit Card Details
Payment for yearly subscription fees for todo Providers is made through PayPal or other online facility, or by direct transfer. Payment information is not accessed, collected or stored by todokids.
- Access to your Information
Unless you are a registered todo Provider or you are a subscribed todo User, todokids does not collect any information that identifies you personally. If however, you become a registered todo Provider, you may log on and access any of your details at any time and change this information if necessary. If you have concerns or queries regarding any additional information todokids has collected about you and/or your organisation you can contact us and request access to this information. todokids also invites you to keep your information accurate and up to date.
If you are a todo User and have subscribed to todokids.com.au the birthdays of your child/children will be stored by todokids. This is to enable the appropriate scheduled events list to be emailed to you on a weekly basis. The age of your children will automatically be updated based on the birthday information you have provided us with. If you no longer require this weekly email you can unsubscribe at any time. You are also at liberty to contact todokids and request any information we have collected about you.
In an effort to protect all personal information todokids will require sufficient proof of identification if there is a request for information. If todokids does not wish to provide you with access to your personal information, it will be in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and we will advise you of these justifications as soon as possible.
- Storage and Security of Personal Information
todokids takes all reasonable steps to ensure the security of our system to prevent unauthorised access, modification and/or disclosure of the information we store. Any information which we hold for you is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by todokids. However, todokids will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of your personal information. todo Providers can play an important role in keeping their personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of usernames and passwords created for the site. Any information we no longer require that we are not obliged to keep by law, is destroyed using secure methods so it cannot be retrieved.
- Keeping Information Accurate and Up to Date
Your personal information can change. todo Providers are responsible for advising todokids of any changes to their personal information via the log on section of the website using the specific user name and password. The information published on todokids.com.au will then be updated accordingly. todo User personal information i.e ages of children will be updated automatically based on the information supplied upon initial request for subscription. todokids is committed to ensuring all electronic and hard copy files are kept accurate and up to date.
- Rating todo Providers
Please be advised that all ratings will be published on todokids.com.au along with the username of the person who posted the comment providing that the comments are not offensive, misleading or found to be untrue. If you do not wish your comments to be published please do not utilise the ratings system. You may contact the todo Provider directly or alternatively you may contact todokids.com.au directly and we will make our best endeavours to pass your comments on to the todo Provider. In some cases todokids may feel it is necessary to contact you via your provided email address to discuss your comments with you further.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
todokids does not and will not trade in the sale of personal information. We may however use your customer information collectively to generate and publish reports, statistics and use this information for marketing purposes. Customer information may on occasion be given to a third party to assist in the generation of this information.
Your personal information may be disclosed in some circumstances including the following:
- To third parties where you consent in writing to the use or disclosure; and
- where required or authorised by law.
- Links to Other Websites
- Consultation and Enquiries