Requirements: flour, water, salt, a bowl to use as a “form”, plastic wrap & tape, newspaper cut into strips, paint brush, acrylic craft paint, craft varnish.
- Cover a bowl in plastic wrap so you can remove your new bowl at the end.
- Make a paste with 1 cup of flour and about 1 cup of water to make a ‘pancake-like’ mixture. Add a couple of teaspoons of salt to prevent mould.
- Dip torn strips of newspaper in to the paste and remove excess with fingers.
- Cover the bowl and let dry. Repeat the process over several days until you have enough layers to make a strong bowl. About 3-4 layers is good.
- Remove from ‘form bowl’, tidy up the edges with scissors if required.
- Seal with a craft varnish.